Earth Day is right around the corner – April 22nd. Every year I like to challenge my friends and followers to make one change toward healthier, eco-friendly living. There are many things we can do: wash the clothes with cold water (I do, and my clothes still get clean!), take shorter showers (it really doesn’t take very long to get the soap on and off), use cloth grocery bags (I love them, they hold a lot!), recycle (all you need is a recycle bin)…and the list goes on.
But one of the changes we can all make that has multiple benefits, is switching to non-toxic cleaning and laundry products. And here are some of the reasons why:
1. They are much SAFER – this is the big one for me. Green cleaners don’t contain harmful, toxic chemicals. Why is that important? Well, it has been discovered that many of the chemicals filling our homes are contributing to the development of asthma, liver damage, cancer and many other health issues that are much more prevalent today compared to 20 years ago. In addition some are endocrine disruptors which are affecting reproduction issues in us and in our children. It has been discovered that pregnant moms can pass these chemicals on to their developing babies through the umbilical cord. That is very scary to me. And, babies and pets live much closer to the floor. Do you want them getting cleaning chemicals on their hands and paws?
2. They are more POWERFUL - Many of the products actually rival or outperform national brands
3. Because they are GREEN – they are biodegradable & don’t contain borates, phosphates, or nitrates that eventually end up polluting our rivers, lakes and streams.
4. They are CONCENTRATED – what’s the big deal about that? Well, the containers are usually recyclable, so there’s less going to the landfills. Also, because they are concentrated there are fewer bottles to recycle and all of that saves energy.
5. They are a SMART investment – again, because they are concentrated, a little goes a long way so you save thousands of dollars versus conventional cleaners. And they are smart because of all of the above.
Have I convinced you yet? Well, if not, let me dangle the carrot just a little more. I am offering a 15% rebate on the Get Clean® Starter Kit – you get all the cleaners you need for household, laundry and dishes plus lots of accessories for an unbelievable price.